Saturday, September 05, 2009
It was a lot of fun to talk to the other runners and be inspired by their inspirations. Let's profile them shall we...
* All in the family: We briefly got to know an adorable and sweet running family of four. Dad, Mom, 11-yr-old girl and 8-yr-old girl. The 8-year-old is leading her age group in the series of these runs. And, she finished ahead of Amos (only by 40-some seconds he says)!
* The mature: An 80-year-old woman that started the race directly behind Amos. Yeah, you read that age right. 80! Are you kidding me?!
* The big ones: There were a select few number of big dogs. We're talking 50ish guys weighing 250 or so. Girls in their 20s well over 200. Amazingly inspirational!
* Greased lightening: There was a 15K that started 10 minutes before our 5K. One of them lapped Amos around the 2 mile mark. He went on to win the 15K. This guy was blazing through this hilly/rocky 7+ miles in less than 7 minute miles. Then, he and his buddy (15K Men's 2nd place) went running after the race. I guess they weren't tired yet!
* The logger: Maybe it was a Friday Lunch special at White Castle. Maybe it was the 19 Pabst Blur Ribbons you sucked down with your buddies last night. I am uncertain. But, I have it on pretty good authority (the assault on my olfactory senses) that fecal matter should never under any circumstances be that color, carry that scent or be left in a public port-o-let prior to a racing event. -Mr. Blonde In regard to the girl that used the bathroom prior to him. Btw, he only pee'd.
A few thank yous of note...
1) A huge thank you to my friend and running partner Maureen. There is NO chance I would have done what I did this morning had I not been training with you. And, sorry for asking How much longer so often. You're my fav flapper!
2) To my amazing hubby who thought of this cool idea as a part of our "5" celebration (5yr anniversary). Thanks for letting me run with Maureen in the evening during our time. And supporting me! Love you!
3) Huge thanks to Ahnu for my awesome shoes. Eco-friendly, fair trade, super cute and they have been fantastic for my little doggies during this time of training.
We'll be doing it again for sure. And, before that time, I'll be investing in some high quality running socks. Do NOT need another one of these...
For all you time people out there, Mr. notched a heavy 31min and I crossed the line at 37min. I will get faster!
Friday, September 04, 2009
As most of you know I have been training for my first 5K. Which is tomorrow morning. I used to start my run off by trying very hard to untangle my husband earbuds for the first 5 minutes of my run and then find a way to stop the cord from hitting me while I blazed through the sideroads of our neighborhood not unlike a graceful gazelle in the cool morning sun. Quite a sight to see, I know. These earbuds truly retract to the length I need them and the cord does NOT bounce. Very nice. And, ChicBuds are very pretty with Swarovski crystals on them.
Chic Buds offers many earbud designs. Another nice thing is their support of many causes including breast cancer awareness, AIDS research and ChicBlvd Fitness partners with the American Heart Association.
ChicBuds earphones are compatible with the iPod, iPhone, MP3 player, CD player, airplane connectors…basically any listening device.
ChicBuds retailers and partners include Mary Kay Cosmetics, Fred Segal, Intuition, Ceasar’s Palace, Wynn Hotels, Fairmont Hotels, Marriott Hotels, Dillards, Fred Meyer, Regis, Nordstrom, Radioshack.com, BestBuy.com, Buy.com, KMart.com and hundreds of boutiques nationwide. ChicBuds are also distributed in Japan and Australia and are sold in over 10 countries.
Buy a pair: Pick up a pair of ChicBuds for yourself or as a gift starting at $29.99. Be sure to check out all of ChicBuds other products.Win a pair: ChicBuds is giving away a pair of ROCKBUDS to one Blondes, Poop & Mascara reader. Just leave a comment telling me your favorite earbuds with your email address. Let me know your favorite track to workout to as well if you would. I need to update my workout playlist!
1. Follow my blog publicly through Google's easy reader tool.
2. Subscribe to my blog via email (and except the confirmation email).
3. Tell me your favorite thing about my blog that isn't a review or giveaway.
4. Follow me on twitter... mrsblonde1
5. Tweet about this giveaway.
6. Grab my button and post it to your cyber space.
7. Grab my Less Naughty. More Nice. button and post it to your cyber space.
8. Blog about this contest and leave the link in your comment.
9. Email this giveaway to 4 friends and copy me.
I will select a winner September 10. Thanks for entering!
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
is around 1.2 million.
It is estimated that two children per minute are trafficked for sexual exploitation.
About $28 billion of this is generated from commercial sexual exploitation. (International Labor Organization)
Learn more about The Problem in this handy pdf.
Love146's vision is "The abolition of child sex slavery and exploitation. Nothing less." They were founded in 2002 and are a Better Business Bureau certified 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Amos and a friend of his have been working together for a few months now on a Fashionthropic shirt to benefit Love146. They just completed Rise last night. It features a little girl both before and after she was rescued from sex trafficking. While in the depths of the pit, she's scared. Dirty. Malnourished. Abused. Discarded. Once she rises, she smiles. She's nurtured. She's healed.
Twenty-four hours after it was posted, an administrator at Skreened found it and listed it on the homepage as one of her favorites! Thanks, Michelle!
Check out the shirt. Make others aware of the problem of child sex trafficking. Talk about Love146. Follow their blog. Let's work together to end this hell.