Friday, May 08, 2009

A nite out with Diane Birch



After a very busy Tuesday Mr. Blonde and I headed out to a local venue to take in an emerging artist. Diane Birch. I had been listening to this soulful young artist online for a couple weeks prior to the show. I was very excited to take it in live. I love piano-playing feel-good music. (I've loved Sara Groves for many years.) Let me tell you how excited I am to share Birch's talents with you.



My hubby and I met up with my very best girly girls (Nicole of Little Miss Lexie & Emily the DesignHER Momma) to take in some new music.

Diane Birch's musical gifts began in the form of classical piano. And man, does it show! Bible Belt is her first album. From the opening track Fire Escape to the closing Magic View, Diane's voice bursts with rich soulful classical sound. The album was written entirely by Diane herself. You can hear five of her favs from the album on her website.

Not only did she put on a fabulous show, but she is touring with the superb James Morrison. It was such an incredible show. And a fabulous date night!

Thanks to One 2 One Network for allowing me to check out Diane Birch live.

No comments: