I have found a way to start to eliminating the use of sandwich bags in our home. We go through so many plastics. I pack lunch for Mr. Blonde and snacks for the kids every day. It is crazy how wasteful I am!
I found ReUsies. They are a re-usable alternative to sandwich/snack bags. Each one has the potential to eliminate hundreds of plastic bags. This idea was developed by some passionate Seattle Moms with the hope to change our world for generations to come. Way to go for inspiring so many to make a difference in such a practical way!
These great little ReUsies are made of 100% cotton, lined with water resistant nylon (BPA, Lead and Phthalate free). They're made in the USA. They come with velcro closures that are very kid-friendly and assure the food won't fall out!
* Plastic bags make up over 10% of debris found on US Coastlines.
* Every plastic bag we use will be around for centuries, long after our children outgrow their lunchboxes.
* Each plastic bag takes over 1,000 years to break down. Plastic bags do not biodegrade, they photodegrade whereby over time they breakdown into smaller, more toxic petropolymers.
* Less than 1% of plastic bags are recycled. It costs more to recycle a plastic bag than to produce a new one.
If you have kids and use plastic baggies then you should for sure check these ReUsies out! Oh, and one of my favorite things are they are dishwasher friendly!
Buy some: Use coupon code 3ORMORE to get 10% off your order of three or more ReUsies.
1. Follow my blog publicly through Google's easy reader tool.
2. Subscribe to my blog via email (and except the confirmation email).
3. Follow me (@mrsblonde1) on Twitter
4. Tweet about this giveaway like so "@mrsblonde1 is giving away a pair of @ReUsies sandwich/snack bags as part of #LessNaughtyMoreNice Enter here http://tinyurl.com/ylzzccq"
5. Grab my button and post it to your cyber space.
6. Grab my Less Naughty. More Nice. button and post it to your cyber space.
7. Blog about this contest and leave the link in your comment
Thanks for entering. I will randomly select a winner November 20.